"website" vs "web content" vs other (was Re: Short name for Methodology)

Dear Detlev, All,

On 17.10.2011 10:15, Detlev Fischer wrote:
> I have now fully caught up with the discussion of the term "website" and
> I realise it can be (or has been) defined to include web apps etc.

Correct:
  - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/methodology-reqs/#website>

> Still, since the term "website" has been avoided in the title of WCAG
> and also carries connotations of a traditional hierachical site, ist
> seems more congenial to me to use "Web content" instead (even if it
> makes the acronym still thornier).

It is not about the acronym but rather about the scope of WCAG versus
that of the Methodology. Web content is used to build websites. WCAG
applies to any web content while our Methodology is limited to websites.

I think we should either use the term "website" to denote static and
dynamic web pages, web applications, intranets, mobile sites, etc, or
come up with another term that applies to websites in their entirety.

Regards,
   Shadi