From: public-wai-evaltf-request@w3.org [public-wai-evaltf-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Shadi Abou-Zahra [shadi@w3.org]
Sent: Thursday, 13 October 2011 2:47 PM
To: Velleman, Eric
Cc: public-wai-evaltf@w3.org
Subject: Re: [even more] naming for "Methodology"

Hi Eric,

On 12.10.2011 23:34, Velleman, Eric wrote:
> Hi Shadi,
> You forgot some :-).

No, I'm just trying to wrap-up the discussion... ;)

> Eric
>

> Candidate titles (alternative suggestions still welcome):
> - Methodology for Evaluating Website Accessibility Conformance (MEWAC)
> - Website Accessibility Evaluation Methodology for WCAG 2.0

While having "WCAG" in the title has benefits, it also has substantial
drawbacks:
  - Do we say "WCAG 2.0", "WCAG 2", or just "WCAG"?
  - How do we version the Methodology, do we say "Website Accessibility
Evaluation Methodology for WCAG 2.0 1.0"?

> Also proposal: Website Evaluation Methodology for WCAG 2.0
> (Accessibility is in WCAG we provide the WEM for that)

Same as above.

> Open brainstorming for shortname:
> - SiteAccess
> - WCAG-Check
> - AccessSite
> - WCAG-Site
> - AccessCheck
> - SiteCheck
> - CheckSite
> - WAMBAM

In the following I'm not sure if you are suggesting alternate titles or
shortnames or both but we can re-discuss.

> - MCEWA (Methodology for Conformance Evaluation of Websites for Accessibility)
> - CEWA (Conformance Evaluation of Websites for Accessibility)
> - CEW2WCAG2 (Conformance Evaluation of Websites to WCAG 2)
> - UWEM (Unified Web Evaluation Methodology)
> - SITE (no meaning yet)
> - MAWA (Methodology for Assessing Website Accessibility)
> - MDWC (Methodology for Determining Website Compliance)
> - EWAMAC (Evaluation Methodology for Assessing Website Accessibility Conformity)
> - EMAWC (Evaluation Methodology for Assessing Website Conformity)
> - WEM (Website Evaluation Methodology for WCAG 2.0)

Best,
   Shadi

> [...]
>> acronym WCAG, which we would likely expand in the title anyway);
>> - should it be "WCAG 2.0" versus "WCAG 2" (to cover all 2.x versions);
>> - should we use the term "assessing" versus "evaluation";
>> - should we use the term "conformity" versus "conformance";
>> - the title does not lend itself to a catchy acronym.
>>
>> Here are some more ideas to play around with:
>> - Methodology for Assessing Website Conformance to WCAG 2
>> - Methodology for Evaluating Website Conformity to WCAG 2
>> - Methodology for Evaluating Website Accessibility Conformance
>> - Methodology for Conformance Evaluation of Websites for Accessibility
>> - Conformance Evaluation of Websites for Accessibility
>> - Conformance Evaluation of Websites to WCAG 2
>>
>> The previous ideas are included below too. Happy brainstorming.
>>
>> Best,
>> Shadi
>>

>> On 6.10.2011 07:18, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
>>> Dear group,
>>>
>>> As trivial as it may sound it is time for us to think about a name for
>>> the Methodology, so that we can start fleshing it out.
>>>
>>> Here are some brainstorms to get your creativity flowing:
>>>

>>> # Favorites:
>>> - Sampling, Inspection, and Technical Evaluation [of Websites for WCAG
>>> 2.0] (SITE) ... especially when used in combination like "WCAG 2.0 SITE"
>>> - Methodology for Assessing Website Conformity to WCAG 2.0 (MAC)
>>>

>>> # Alternatives:
>>> - Conformance Evaluation of Websites for Accessibility (CEWA or Conf)
>>> - Accessibility Conformance Evaluation of Websites (ACEW)
>>> - Conformance/Conformity Assessment Procedure (CAP)
>>> - Conformance/Conformity Assessment Methodology (CAM)
>>> - Website Accessibility Evaluation (WAE)
>>> - Website Accessibility Assessment (WAA)
>>> - Website Accessibility Methodology (WAM)
>>> - Website Accessibility Assessment Procedure (WAAP)
>>> - Website Accessibility Assessment Methodology (WAAM)
>>> - Website Accessibility Evaluation Procedure (WAEP)
>>> - Website Accessibility Evaluation Methodology (WAEM)
>>> - Website Accessibility Inspection Procedure (WAIP)
>>> - Website Accessibility Inspection Methodology (WAIM)
>>>

>>> # Not serious:
>>> - Conformance of Websites (CoW, WCAG-CoW, or WAI-CoW)
>>> - Accessibility Conformance of Websites (A-CoW)
>>> - Procedure for Accessibility Inspection (PAI like "pay")
>>> - Procedure for Evaluation of Accessibility (PEA)
>>> - Procedure for Evaluation of Accessibility Conformance (PEACe)
>>> - Accessibility Evaluation of Websites (AEW)
>>> - Harmonized Assessment Methodology (HAM)
>>> - WCAG 2.0 Harmonized Assessment Methodology (WHAM)
>>> - Website Conformance Assessment Guidelines (WCAG)
>>>

>>> Best,
>>> Shadi
>>>

> --
> Shadi Abou-Zahra - http://www.w3.org/People/shadi/
> Activity Lead, W3C/WAI International Program Office
> Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group (ERT WG)
> Research and Development Working Group (RDWG)

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B