From: Velleman, Eric
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:13 PM
To: public-wai-evaltf@w3.org
Subject: Agenda Meeting 13 October

Dear Eval TF,

The next teleconference is scheduled for Thursday 13 October 2011 at:
  * 14:00 to 15:00 UTC
  * 16:00 to 17:00 Central European Time
  * 10:00 to 11:00 North American Eastern Time (ET)
  * 07:00 to 08:00 North American Pacific Time (PT)
  * 22:00 to 23:00 Western Australia Time

Please check the World Clock Meeting Planner to find out the precise date
for your own time zone:
  - <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html>

The teleconference information is: (Passcode 3825 - "EVAL")
  * +1.617.761.6200
  * SIP / VoIP -http://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/Zakim-SIP

We also use IRC to support the meeting: (http://irc.w3.org)
  * IRC server: irc.w3.org
  * port: 6665
  * channel: #eval

AGENDA:

#1. Welcome
There is a new version of our requirements page available at:
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/conformance/ED-methodology-20111012>

#2. Title of the Methodology
Now: “Website Accessibility Evaluation Methodology for WCAG 2.0
 Requirements”

It covers the terminology we seem to agree on for the title: Methodology;
Web(site); Accessibility; Evaluation; WCAG 2.0. So the above should do the
trick. However, we had a lively discussion caused by the wish to have a
clear and easy to pronounce acronym/abbreviation. Not claiming to be
complete:

MCEWA (Methodology for Conformance Evaluation of Websites for Accessibility)
CEWA (Conformance Evaluation of Websites for Accessibility)
CEW2WCAG2 (Conformance Evaluation of Websites to WCAG 2)
WAMBAM (Web Assessment Methodology for Bringing Accessibility to the Masses)
UWEM (Unified Web Evaluation Methodology)
SITE (no meaning yet)
MAWA (Methodology for Assessing Website Accessibility)
MDWC (Methodology for Determining Website Compliance)
EWAMAC (Evaluation Methodology for Assessing Website Accessibility
Conformity)
EMAWC (Evaluation Methodology for Assessing Website Conformity)
And then we saw: MAC, MAAC, WMAC etc. haha, we should start a separate group
on acronyms together :-)

Most people seem to like: MEWAC (Methodology for Evaluating Website
Accessibility Conformance). We could add “ for WCAG2.0 requirements”.
Question: Do we want to change to MEWAC or keep the current title?
Please decide: Change/Keep

#4. Other open issues about the requirements
Some open issues from the discussion. Trying to wrap up.

#5. Next step, the Methodology
We should quickly start with the Methodology now. As stated in the
requirements documents, the “12 October 2011 Editors Draft of Website
Accessibility Evaluation Methodology for WCAG 2.0 Requirements is an initial
contribution to capture requirements for future work. This document is
intended to be published and maintained as a W3C Working Group Note after
review and refinement.” Meaning that the group can come back to the
requirements later if necessary.

- Proposal for next step.

#6. Any other business

Regards,