From: Shadi Abou-Zahra [mailto:shadi@w3.org]
Sent: 03 October 2011 16:09
To: Michael S Elledge
Cc: Eval TF; Léonie Watson
Subject: Re: Definition of website

Hi Mike, Leonie,

Where do you see the proposed definition of website be limited to HTML?

The currently proposed definition for "website" is:

[[
A coherent collection of one or more related web pages that together provide common use or functionality. It includes static web pages, dynamically generated web pages, and web applications.
]]

The definition for "web page" (from WCAG2 [1]) is:

[[
a non-embedded resource obtained from a single URI using HTTP plus any other resources that are used in the rendering or intended to be rendered together with it by a user agent ]]

I understand that this includes any technology such as Flash, PDF, and Silverlight as long as they are delivered through HTTP (which includes
HTTPS) and are intended to be rendered by a user agent (as opposed to other uses of these technologies).

[1] <http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#webpagedef>

Best,
   Shadi

--