Definition of website

From: Denis Boudreau <dboudreau@accessibiliteweb.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 00:24:16 -0400
To: Eval TF <public-wai-evaltf@w3.org>
Hi all,

Having looked at the current I'd like to propose, if I may, another definition for what a "website" is.

Right now, we have: "A coherent collection of one or more related web pages that together provide common use or functionality. It includes static web pages, dynamically generated web pages, and web applications".

I think something along the lines of the following would cover more ground and circumscribe more efficiently what we mean by "website":

"An organized set of related web pages using HTML or XHTML, linked in a coherent structure, hosted on a Web server, accessed by a user agent and governed by the HTTP or the HTTPS protocol".

Any thoughts?

/Denis