Re: Defining website scope using Sitemap protocol

Hi Kathy,

My assumption is that a site map generation tool will generally map the entire site if told to do so.   I agree that the generated site map output can then be trimmed (if desired) for submission to a search engine - but I'm not suggesting that we should work directly from this submission.

What I am suggesting is that whatever content the website owner wishes to get assessed (for which THEY have chosen to make a conformance claim) should be defined / scoped by them using the sitemap protocol (as it is a common widely used standard) and then presented for evaluation.

I would not recommend working from different CMS systems, as some do things others cannot.  Also, third party evaluators may not be allowed direct access to a CMS.

I also don't know if we should be interested in templates - I would be if I was going to make suggestions on how to fix issues - but, aren't we only interested in whether whole pages opened by the end user (scoped in a conformance claim) conform or not.

Interested to hear thoughts / comments.

Very best regards

Alistair Garrison