Re: Interesting Article: Accessibility Barrier Scores from Roger Hudson

Hi Kerstin,

This is an excellent article, many thanks for making us all aware of it.
It acknowledges the role of tester subjectivity in assessing the
severity of barriers (a role that we all want to reduce as much as
possible). In my view, the method Roger Hudson suggests is a step beyond
the problems of settling for either pass or fail per success criteria
and page since it recognises that it is the combination of incidence and
severity of bvarriers that determines impact, and tries to reflect this
real impact in a pragmatic way that helps prioritising remedial work. I
like the approach a lot. How that can be mapped on a WCAG conformance
scheme is not clear yet, however...and many aspects such as page
sampling or the inclusion of processes and dynamic content are not
explicitly covered. Still, it looks like a well reasoned approach.

Detlev

   Am 22.11.2011 12:20, schrieb Kerstin Probiesch:
> Hi TF,
>
> long and interesting:
> http://www.dingoaccess.com/accessibility/accessibility-barrier-scores-2/.
> Probably also for the methodology Part of the Wiki.
>
> Best
>
> Kerstin
>
> -------------------------------------
> Kerstin Probiesch M.A. - Consultant
> Accessibility, Social Media
> Kantstraße 10/19 | 35039 Marburg
> Tel.: 06421 167002
> E-Mail: mail@barrierefreie-informationskultur.de
> Web: http://www.barrierefreie-informationskultur.de
> XING: http://www.xing.com/profile/Kerstin_Probiesch
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kprobiesch
> ------------------------------------

Detlev Fischer PhD
DIAS GmbH - Daten, Informationssysteme und Analysen im Sozialen
Geschäftsführung: Thomas Lilienthal, Michael Zapp

Telefon: +49-40-43 18 75-25
Mobile: +49-157 7-170 73 84
Fax: +49-40-43 18 75-19
E-Mail: fischer@dias.de

Anschrift: Schulterblatt 36, D-20357 Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 58 167
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Lilienthal, Michael Zapp