RE: WCAG-Evaluation Methodology first online version

From: Boland Jr, Frederick E. <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 09:15:04 -0400
To: "Velleman, Eric" <evelleman@bartimeus.nl>
CC: "public-wai-evaltf@w3.org" <public-wai-evaltf@w3.org>
For our "conformance claims" section 10.4, Authoring Tools Accessibility Guidelines (ATAG) 2.0 editors' draft:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/ED-ATAG20-20111014/#conf-claim
 currently has some text (which is currently under discussion..) - could any of this be helpful in deciding what to include in our section of the same name?

NOTE: There is also a "progress towards conformance" section:
 http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/ED-ATAG20-20111014/#conf-prog-statement
which may be applicable towards our "10.3 Partial Conformance" section?

I think it's important to encourage and motivate accessibility/conformance in our documentation as appropriate..

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST

PS - Of course WCAG also has "conformance claims" and "statement of partial conformance" in their "conformance" section:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/#conformance

Do we reference all of the "WCAG supporting documents":
 http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/#intro-related-docs
in our specifications?