Defining the purpose of the site/application

From: RichardWarren <richard.warren@userite.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 22:34:21 -0000
To: "Eval TF" <public-wai-evaltf@w3.org>
Hi All,

It looks as though we have agreement on 7.4 (Complete process) but before we move to 7.5 (Key functions) I think we have missed out on an important earlier stage – namely defining the purpose of the website or application. This is important for two reasons
1) It sets the evaluation in context
2) It helps us decide if a particular function is key to the site/application, or just a bit of fancy decoration.

Maybe this should be done before section 7 (Scope).

Any thoughts ?