possible use of test assertions in defining/expressing requirements?

From: Boland Jr, Frederick E. <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 09:53:06 -0400
To: "public-wai-evaltf@w3.org" <public-wai-evaltf@w3.org>
A possible resource for use at some stage of our work - use of test assertions (for example, as a technique for expressing any
requirements we develop as we were discussing at the last teleconference) - (although it's primarily designed for specification development, may have some applicability/usefulness to us?)

A resource link is:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=tag#technical

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST