RE: Minutes for Teleconference on 25 February 2015

Hi all,

Thanks Shadi for the minutes.

Beyond the decision is made about where to place the paragraph under review,
I think in that paragraph, in addition, it is important to emphasize on what
should review the tool and alert to the possibility that, if not done, is
being generated a false positive or a false negative.

I explain it with a specific case that I found:
  AChecker review tool is integrated into the LMS ATutor, which enables
content authors review the accessibility of content they create using the
WYSIWYG editor, usually the TinyMCE.

The tool checks the original markup of content created with TinyMCE, instead
of the generated markup. For example, aChecker not find any fault with a
content created with specific formating code used in ATutor [1] as:

But the code generated content, that violates several accessibility
criteria, is like:

value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2dfMWD-9waA"></param><embed
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2dfMWD-9waA"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640"

Perhaps this is not the right time to add content in the document, but I
think it is important to remember this for when the time comes.

All the best,

Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y Restrepo
Patrono y Directora General
Fundación Sidar - Acceso Universal