proposal for changing "EARL 1.0 Guide" to "Developer Guide for EARL 1.0"

From: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:48:30 +0200
To: ERT WG <public-wai-ert@w3.org>
Dear ERT WG,

Following recent discussions, it seem that there is consensus for the
"conformance sections" to move out of the vocabulary definition specs
(EARL 1.0 Schema, HTTP-in-RDF, ...) and put them "elsewhere".

Before attempting to create yet a new spec document, I would like to see
if we can change the current Guide from an introductory resource into
something more substantial. Remember, the guide document is on Rec-Track
(because it has been split from the previous EARL spec).

To initiate the discussion I propose changing the title and content from
"EARL 1.0 Guide" to "Developer Guide for EARL 1.0". The outline for this
[new] document would include:
  * combine sections 3 & 4, and shorten them editorially (some examples
and text are more verbose then necessary)
  * add a section on conformance for reports, consumers, and producers
(maybe it won't be called "conformance" though)
  * add a new section on serialization with sub-sections for XML and
possibly JSON

What do people think of this approach and suggestion?

Best,
   Shadi