Comment by Pete Johnston (dct:hasVersion)

From: Johannes Koch <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 15:26:03 +0100
To: public-wai-ert@w3.org
Hi group,

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2009Nov/0000.html>

Looks like Pete is right. Is there an existing vocabulary containing a
version number property that we can use?

I found an article on XML.com about extending RSS
(<http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/07/23/extendingrss.html>), which
mentions a "release schema at eikster.com":

> As it happens, there is at least one existing vocabulary designed to describe software releases. In fact, the release schema at eikster.com contains terms that directly correspond to our product and version called name and version. We can inherit their descriptions by making our properties subproperties of them.

with a link to <http://eikster.com/2003/release#>.

Unfortunately I can't find anything about this vocabulary on the linked
server.

DOAP has a literal <http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap#revision> property
meaning "Revision identifier of a software release."

--
Johannes Koch
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT