Re: [Fwd: New version of the guide]

Ciao Carlos,

   sorry for the "diff" file I sent last time. I thought it was easier to
spot the differences. In any case, here is a more human readable
summary of my proposed changes.

Rephrase one:
=============

"... is a language used to semantically represent information about
resources in the World Wide Web"

rather than "is a language for representing semantically".

Rephrase two:
=============

"We want to highlight that the extensibility of RDF allows tool vendors or
developers to add new functionalities to the vocabulary. Testers that do
not understand these extensions can simply ignore them when processing
third-party results."

rather than: " ...  allows to tool vendors or developers the addition of
new functionalities to the vocabulary, without losing any of the
aforementioned characteristics, as other testers might ignore those
extensions that they do not understand when processing third-party
results."

Reason: I think that having two sentences makes it easier to understand.

Rephrase three:
===============

"Therefore, the evaluator can combine the separate reports into one bigger
and more accurate report. The analysis of this aggregated document allows
the evaluator to produce statistical reports and to assess where the Web
site does not meet the requirements (e.g.: conforming to a particular law
or a set of guidelines)."

rather than: " ... the evaluator can combine the separate reports into one
bigger report, query the results, and offer to her customer statistical
reports and a detailed conformance claim that specifies where the Web site
does not meet the required level.)."

Reason: same as above. Splitting in two sentences makes it easier to
understand.

Rephrase four:
==============

"The evaluator can compare the outputs of different tools to increase the
confidence level of the test results. It will also help to make more
accurate assertions about a given resource when one of the tools is only
able to give a warning on a particular problem and another can fill that
gap through a more thorough, robust and reliable test."

rather than: "Therefore, the evaluator can compare the results from
different tools to increase the confidence level of the test results. It
will also help to make assertions about a given resource, when one of the
tools is only able to give a warning on a problem, but the other performs
a thorough test that removes the aforementioned uncertainty."

Reason: I just changed a few words.

Thanks.

Ciao,
Gabriele