Re: [updated] EARL 1.0 Schema

Shadi Abou-Zahra schrieb:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> Johannes Koch wrote:
>> Shadi Abou-Zahra schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Ref: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Schema-20090223>
>>>
>>> An updated editor's drafts of EARL 1.0 Schema is available for
>>> review. Please have a close look at the new approach in the
>>> conformance section [1], we will need to decide if this is the
>>> approach to take.
>>
>> Looks ok to me. However it's not clear whether conforming processing
>> tools have to be able to process all the features described. Or are
>> there properties that are required for processing while others are
>> not? Similar for producing tools.
>
> OK, we can clarify the wording. The idea is that conforming processors
> must process all the classes and properties, as they are described in
> the "Validation" section:
>  - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Schema-20090223#validation>
>
> Do you agree with this approach?

Yep

>>> Note that we also seem to have an issue with the current concept for
>>> mainAssertor [2], since foaf:member has the domain foaf:Group and the
>>> range foaf:Agent.
>>
>> So every time you use earl:mainAssertor in a triple, the subject
>> becomes of type foaf:Group and the object of type foaf:Agent. Is this
>> a problem?
>
> If we make earl:mainAssertor a sub-property of foaf:member, then indeed
> this would be the consequence. In this case it would be better to rename
> the property to something like mainMember or primaryMember or such.

I don't think this is necessary.

> Another approach could be to keep both the domain and the range of the
> earl:mainAssertor property to be earl:Assertor (as currently defined).
> This would mean that both the subject and the object in such a triple
> would always be of type earl:Assertor.

Given the following triple

<#someAssertor> earl:mainAssertor <#someOtherAssertor>

With earl:mainAssertor being a sub-property of foaf:member and having
the domain and range earl:Assertor, this would imply the following
additional triples:

<#someAssertor> rdf:type <earl:Assertor>
<#someAssertor> rdf:type <foaf:Group>
<#someOtherAssertor> rdf:type <earl:Assertor>
<#someOtherAssertor> rdf:type <foaf:Agent>

I don't see any problem. Resources can have many types.

--
Johannes Koch
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT