date property (was Re: Proposed Responses to AWWSW comments on HTTP-in-RDF)

From: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:36:02 +0100
To: Johannes Koch <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>
CC: ERT WG <public-wai-ert@w3.org>

Hi Johannes, all,

Ref: <http://esw.w3.org/topic/AwwswHttpVocabularyInRdfComments>

Johannes Koch wrote:
>> Date
>
> Recommending the use of a date property was a comment on an earlier
> draft. These dates are not part of HTTP. And so we think there should
> not be a specific date property in the HTTP-in-RDF vocabulary. ThatÄs
> why we proposed the use of dc:date here.

My suggestion would be to invite further advice on this topic. Consider
a simple tweak to say something like:

"Since dates are not part of the HTTP specification, we did not want to
define such a property in the HTTP-in-RDF vocabulary. We understood the
definition of dc:date to be broad enough to apply to timestamps. We
would be happy to consider terms for timestamps provided by other RDF
vocabularies."

PS: the fact that we added a date property in response to a comment is
irrelevant. We adopted it and should explain why we chose this design.

Regards,
   Shadi