ISSUE-8: Permissions and prohibitions in RDF [HTTP Vocabulary in RDF]

From: Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:44:29 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-wai-ert@w3.org

ISSUE-8: Permissions and prohibitions in RDF [HTTP Vocabulary in RDF]

http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tracker/issues/8

Raised by: Johannes Koch
On product: HTTP Vocabulary in RDF

We use "may appear" and "must appear" when specifying properties for classes. This wording may be inappropriate, because "in RDF there are no permissions, as there are no prohibitions". However we use OWL cardinalities in the schemas.

See comment by Pat Hayes:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2008Sep/0013.html>