Re: Review of Representing Content in RDF

Hi David,

thanks for your comments.

Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) schrieb:
> This is a review of Representing Content in RDF:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-Content-in-RDF-20080908
>
> I noticed the document because it was mentioned in
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-HTTP-in-RDF-20080908
>
> The document seems to make sense.

:-)

>  Questions/suggestions:
>
> 1. I think it would be good to mention GRDDL as a way to get a finer-grained RDF representation of an XML document.

Can you please explain, how you think GRDDL can be used "to get a
finer-grained RDF representation of an XML document"?

> 2. When showing RDF, please also show the RDF in a more humanly readable format than RDF/XML, such as N3.

Well this seems to be a matter of taste. We will discuss this.

> 3. What is the correspondence between class Content and terms like "entity" used in RFC2616?

cnt:Content resources can be used as object resources  for triples with
http:body property as metioned in
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-HTTP-in-RDF-20080908/#bodyProperty>.

> 4. There is a DoctypeDecl class for DTDs.  What about other schema languages, such as XML Schema or Relax NG?   Maybe DTD needs to be treated specially because it can be embedded in the XML?

You cannot include a document type _declaration_ in an XMLLiteral, can
you? So we have to treat this part of an XML document differently. XML
Schema uses attributes to reference external schemas. So that's no
problem. I'm not sure whether there is a referencing mechanism for Relax NG.

> 5. Are classes TextContent and XMLContent disjoint?  Is an xhtml document both TextContent and XMLContent?

Yes, it's both TextContent and XMLContent. And it may also be
Base64Content. This scenario is described in "3. Usage scenarios",
Situation E
(<http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-Content-in-RDF-20080908/#scenarios>).

>  Appendix B shows an "Allowable types" column, which might imply that other types are not allowable.

I think we should change this to "Suggested types".

--
Johannes Koch
Web Compliance Center - Fraunhofer FIT