Re: Content-in-RDF stable draft

From: Johannes Koch <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:25:26 +0100
To: public-wai-ert@w3.org

Johannes Koch schrieb:
> Carlos Iglesias schrieb:
>> - Some times the same vocabulary as in the XML specification is used
>> (e.g. xmlDecl, docTypeDecl...),
>
> That was just by chance :-)
>
>> but other the "official" names are not used. (e.g. xmlVersion instead
>> of xmlVersionNum or xmlEncoding instead of xmlEncName)
>>
>> May we need to be consistent on this for the sake of clarity?
>
> Meybe, yes.

I just looked at the XML 1.0 spec (<http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/>). The
relevant terminology there is:

XML spec                    DOM spec
XMLDecl
VersionNum                  xmlVersion
EncName                     xmlEncoding
(SDDecl)                    xmlStandalone
doctypedecl                 doctype / DocumentType
Name                        name
PubidLiteral                publicId
SystemLiteral               systemId
intSubset                   internalSubset

I think the DOM approach is more what we want. We also have types and
properties. However, I don't like calling the property for the document
type name just "name".

--
Johannes Koch
BIKA Web Compliance Center - Fraunhofer FIT