Re: Example: testing multiple softwares with regard to one test case.

From: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 23:04:37 +0100
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
CC: ERT WG <public-wai-ert@w3.org>

Hi Karl,

Karl Dubost wrote:
> After a short discussion with shadi.
> Le 6 nov. 2007 à 12:01, Karl Dubost a écrit :
>> * testcase-Z  hosted at the uri http://example.org/test1
>> * assertor with the name john smith and john@example.org
>> * software-A - pass
>> * software-B - pass
>> * software-C - fail
> Let's try with a practical example, so it might be easier to understand.

Nearly, but earl:subject is a property of the Assertion, not of the
TestResult. Here is the corrected version according to the latest WD:

<foaf:Person rdf:about="karl">
   <foaf:name>Karl Dubost</foaf:name>
   <foaf:mbox rdf:resource="mailto:karl@w3.org"/>

<earl:TestCase rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/2007/11/aria-svg-test.svg">
   <dc:title xml:lang="en">aria svg test</dc:title>
   <dc:description xml:lang="en">Test case with a dash aria value

<!-- first assertion -->
<earl:Assertion rdf:ID="assertion1">
     <earl:assertedBy rdf:resource="#karl"/>
     <earl:mode rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/ns/earl#manual"/>
     <earl:subject rdf:resource="#webkit"/>
     <earl:result rdf:resource="#result1"/>

<!-- second assertion -->
<earl:Assertion rdf:ID="assertion2">
     <earl:assertedBy rdf:resource="#karl" />
     <earl:mode rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/ns/earl#manual"/>
     <earl:subject rdf:resource="#gecko"/>

<earl:Software rdf:about="webkit">
     <foaf:homepage rdf:resource="http://webkit.org/"/>

<earl:TestResult rdf:ID="#result1">
     <earl:outcome rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/ns/earl#pass"/>
     <!--// other properties for result #1 //-->

<earl:Software rdf:about="gecko">
     <foaf:homepage rdf:resource="http://wiki.mozilla.org/Gecko/"/>

<earl:TestResult rdf:ID="#result2">
     <earl:outcome rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/ns/earl#pass"/>
     <!--// other properties for result #2 //-->

Note: the usage of rdf:ID vs rdf:about vs rdf:NodeID is quite tricky as
there is only a subtle (and application-specific) difference between
their individual meanings. In ERT WG we default to using rdf:about,
especially for the description of entities such as humans, software, or
test cases. Also, please validate the test as I haven't done so.