Using Earl to store software performance test results

From: Cristiano Longo <cristiano.longo@tvblob.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:38:10 +0000
To: public-wai-ert@w3.org

Dear all,
I need a 'framework' to store performance test results of various kind of
algorithms and software. I think that EARL is suitable for this purpose, but
such a test result is not "Binary"(passed or not passed), but a numerical
value. An example could be the convergence speed of an iterative algorithm,
or the error of a genetic algorithm after some iterations.

Sean B. Palmer suggested me to use the earl:info property to store such a
value, and i think it is a good idea. In order to have a common framework to
handle this situation, should be a good idea to create a subproperty of
earl:info with only numerical values as range, and to subclass
earl:TestResult.