Re: updated FOAF spec

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 12:08:10 +0000
To: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
CC: foaf-dev@lists.foaf-project.org, Phil Archer <parcher@icra.org>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Libby Miller <libby@joost.com>, public-wai-ert@w3.org

Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Thank for this publication, it is a significant first step! It will
> certainly also help us in ERT WG (CC'ed) to justify our direct
> dependency on the FOAF vocabulary.
>
> We may have some additional comments or thoughts to this version of the
> spec, and I still owe you the translations for the terms we are using in
> EARL 1.0 (will be fun to translate mbox ;) ). I will get back to you as
> soon as possible.

I'm happy to prioritise things to address EARL needs, it's a worthy
spec. Yesterday's rev of FOAF was pretty much a warm-up exercise. I've a
batch more edits already committed in CVS, though just documentation
stuff (CSS is valid now, etc). Pushing out a new rev in a week's time is
perfectly feasible, if there is any rough consensus that can be agreed
in that timescale.

Regarding translation, yes that would be fantastic! There are some
template files available at
http://svn.foaf-project.org/foaftown/foaf18n/ and some works in progress.

cheers,

Dan