Feedback on EARL 1.0 Schema

From: Bryan Rasmussen <BRS@itst.dk>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:29:30 +0000
To: <public-wai-ert@w3.org>

Hi,

I read through EARL with interest. I found the Web testing parts very
convincing, for example this:

<earl:TestSubject rdf:about="http://www.example.org/">
  <dc:title xml:lang="en">example.org Web site</dc:title>
  <dc:description xml:lang="en">Each page on the example.org Web
site</dc:description>
  <dct:hasPart rdf:resource="http://www.example.org/style.css"/>
  <dct:hasPart rdf:resource="http://www.example.org/page1.html"/>
  <dct:hasPart rdf:resource="http://www.example.org/page2.html"/>
  <dct:hasPart rdf:resource="http://www.example.org/page3.html"/>
</earl:TestSubject>

was especially clear and helpful.

The XML parts where also interesting, I would appreciate more examples of
XPathPointer usage in the specification. Will all or only some pointers be
required for implementors to support?

This is somewhat similar to a proposed project in here (The Danish National
IT and Telecom Agency, Data Standardisation office) called Error Assertion
Markup Language.

I have attached the preliminary technical proposal for this as an RTF file
named ProposalValidationTesting.rtf, this document may be useful to the EARL
working group in showing large organizational needs in the context of XML
testing.

If there are any questions regarding Testing requirements inside of ITST
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,
Bryan Rasmussen