Re: mOK response proposal

From: Jon Ribbens <ertwg@sitemorse.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 21:57:06 +0100
To: Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi>
Cc: public-wai-ert@w3.org, public-bpwg-comments@w3.org

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 05:01:34PM +0000, Jo Rabin wrote:
> i.e. if a form has method GET it will be tested and if it has method
> POST it will not. As Sean says we have not said exactly what you should
> do by way of testing for method GET and will discuss clarifying it in
> the group.

Can I just suggest that I think clarifying it is fairly necessary?
Submitting the form with default values is the "obvious" course
I would take, but it may well be the case that not everyone regards
that as "obvious". In addition, the wording of 2.3.8:

| Linked resources are defined as those that are referenced by:
|
|   * the action attribute of form elements

almost seems to explicitly rule out the "defaults" interpretation
(since it implies using the action attribute unchanged).