Re: initial comments on FOAF 0.9

From: Johannes Koch <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 09:28:36 +0200
To: public-wai-ert@w3.org

Carlos Iglesias schrieb:
>> Q1- Should we drop earl:CompoundAssertor in favor of foaf:Group? -That
>> would make earl:SingleAssertor unnecessary and the whole construct would
>> collapse to an earl:Assertor that is either earl:Software or foaf:Agent.
>
> The only problem would be that we'll loose the distinction between main and help Assertors, even taking into consideration that part of this distinction could also been seen with the (optional) test modes.

Currently, earl:mainAssertor and earl:helpAssertor "can be a Person,
Agent, Software, or recursively another Compound Assertor". A
foaf:member of a foaf:Group must be a foaf:Agent. So we can't use
earl:Software in a foaf:Group unless you make earl:Software a subclass
of foaf:Agent, which we didn't want AFAIR.

--
Johannes Koch
BIKA Web Compliance Center - Fraunhofer FIT