Re: [HTTP-in-RDF] XMLContent and entity references

Shadi Abou-Zahra schrieb:

> Hi Johannes,
>
> Johannes Koch wrote:
>>
>> Shadi Abou-Zahra schrieb:
>>> Or the ampersands need to be escaped in the XMLContent, and unescaped
>>> back when putting the pieces of the XML document together again. So
>>> " " would be temporarily recorded as " " within the
>>> HTTP-in-RDF code, and tools will decoded back and forth as needed.
>>>
>>> What do you think of this approach?
>>
>> I don't think this is an XMLLiteral anymore.
>
> I looked at the definition for XMLLiteral [1] but can't say if this
> approach breaks any of the requirements or not. Why do you think it
> isn't an XMLLiteral anymore?
>
> [1]
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-concepts-20040210/#dfn-rdf-XMLLiteral>

How do you distinguish between

   abc&nbsp;def

and

   abc&amp;nbsp;def

when creating the XMLLiteral? How should a generic RDF application
behave when dealing with

   <http:xmlRest rdf:parseType="Literal">abc&amp;nbsp;def</http:xmlRest>

?
--
Johannes Koch
BIKA Web Compliance Center - Fraunhofer FIT