[HTTP-in-RDF] XMLContent and entity references

From: Johannes Koch <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:01:18 +0200
To: public-wai-ert@w3.org

Hi group,

I identified an issue with XMLContent: the content character stream may
contain entity references (e.g. &nbsp;), which can only be dereferenced
with a document type definition (internal or external).

When we split the content into parts (preceeding the DoctypeDecl, the
DoctypeDecl itself, and following the DoctypeDecl) and use an XMLLiteral
for the part following the DoctypeDecl, the entity references cannot be
dereferenced any more. The RDF/XML serialization then is not well-formed.

So we can only use XMLContent for XML content that does not contain
entity references.

--
Johannes Koch
BIKA Web Compliance Center - Fraunhofer FIT