[EARL Schema] Issue with Content class

From: Carlos A Velasco <carlos.velasco@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:00:54 +0200
To: public-wai-ert@w3.org

Hi all,

As I mentioned to Shadi last week, when working on the guide, I stumble
into what I think is a small issue with the Content class for non-HTTP
resources.

For the usual HTTP resources, I do not think it is an issue, as the
HTTP-in-RDF vocabulary can be used to express correctly URIs via
earl:context.

However, for non-HTTP resources, since we got rid of the uri property,
the only way to express URIs of Content resources is via rdf:about,
which *IMHO*, there are use cases where this is appropriate, whereas in
other scenarios, rdf:about may be an 'internal pointer' to where
resources are stored or retrieved after testing.

Furthermore, for HTTP resources, for servers with content negotiation,
rdf:about cannot be used with the URI of the resource, as several
resources could be retrieved under the same URI, and context is more
than necessary. Same applies to Test Subject.

Solution: maybe some optional property like earl:nonHttpUri, or back to
uri:uri ...

regards,
carlos
--
Dr Carlos A Velasco
  Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT)