Regrets RE: ERT WG: Agenda for teleconference on Wednesday 4 July, 2007

Regrets as I will be travelling.
Some comments below.

> AGENDA:
> 1. Review the plan for publishing EARL 1.0 Guide
>   - Currently an Editor's Draft is available, need to publish
>    # <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007May/0023>

Looks still quite incomplete, but if you find useful to publish as is and get the first feedback go ahead.

> 2. Review the plan for publishing Pointer Methods in RDF
>   - Check with CarlosI on outstanding action item and plans

I'm getting back to this after our reviewing break. The plan is more or less to have a sort of recollection with open issues and questions to comment about before summer break, and then prepare an updated draft for the end of August or the beginning of September with all the feedback incorporated.
Tell me if this is OK.

> 3. Check-in on vacation plans and summer availability
>   - Hope to have regular meetings, at least throughout July

Will be out from 23rd July to 22nd August both included.
May check the mailing list from time to time but not on a regular basis.

>   - What to do with publication decisions when people are away?

As we are a small group may be better to postpone if there's not enough quorum, or at least try to use additionally the mailing list or the poll system.

> 4. POWDER Use Cases and Requirements
>   - When should we review this document? What mode of formality?
>    # <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007May/0026>

Didn't see nothing to comment at first glance, just that IMO it's not clear what the role of POWDER is in each of the use cases.

> 5. EARL 1.0 Schema: Test Mode
>   - Discuss Issue #7 on the meaning of Test Mode values
>    # <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/issues>

DOM: "manual" is used to refer to something "based on a person's judgment";
this reads as "subjective" to me, rather than manual; I don't know if
the term or the definition is wrong; also, this refers to "a person",
but does that include organizations as well? (if so, it should probably
refer to an agent instead; if not, it should be made explicit)

May need to clarify that the key here is human decision, it doesn't matter whether it's just an individual or a group of people. Don't think we should refer to Agents in general as they could be non human.

DOM: * "heuristic" reads to me as something that was not 100% surely
determined, which is quite different from what the current definition
reads; again, I'm not sure which of the term or the definition is wrong

There will be always certain level of confidence independently of what is the origin of the decision (e.g. the experience of a manual evaluator or the test suite that a tool is making use)

Heuristic is about inference, not confidence (e.g. you can make a decision about one test case based on the results of a couple of previous ones that were based on an human judgement)

DOM: "notAvailable" is not a great name for what is meant either; I would
think "undetermined" (or maybe "undeterminedMode" for sake of clarity)
would be closer to what is meant

Whatever the name is OK for me if the use case remains clear.

>   - Also related to harmonizing definition with ATAG 2.0
>    # <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007Jul/0000>

The propossed rewording looks OK for me.

Regards,
 CI.

Carlos Iglesias

CTIC Foundation