EARL 1.0: aggregation and inferences

From: Cristiano Longo <cristiano.longo@tvblob.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 09:39:37 +0000
To: public-wai-ert@w3.org

I found in the working draft three references to test aggregation :

(1) earl:heuristic

Assertion was made by inference, for example based on several existing test
results

(2) earl:TestCase

An atomic test, usually one that is a partial test for a requirement. For
example, checking if an image has an alt attribute which could be part of
testing WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint 1.1.

(3) Test Subject dct:hasPart and dtc:isPartOf

In order to allow agents to deals with EARL documents in a uniform manner,
without caring of test specific matters, i think that the inter-test
relations should be explicited in the schema definition. For example to make
explicit hyerarchical relations should be helpful for a general purpose EARL
to HTML converter.

About (1) and (2) i think that expliciting the dependency of a test from other
ones may be enough general and exhaustive. To create a new class
for "inferenced" test should be a good idea.

About (3) I have no ideas, probably may be good to put into the EARL schema
definition(rdf/xml)  to put a "dummy" cardinality constraint(>=0) about the
suggested but not mandatory properties.

Thank you and sorry for my english,
Cristiano Longo