Re: extending earl:outcome values (Re: comment on section 2.6.1 of EARL Schema)

Since earl:fail is not a class, it is not possible to subclass it,
without a significant redesign.

However, one could add OWL axioms like

subClassOf(
    restriction( onProperty earl:outome hasValue(my:value) ),
    restriction( onProperty earl:outome hasValue(earl:fail) ) )

I am not convinced that this would be a good move, since it would
require a greater level of OWL processing than is currently required by
earl. The current design does allow additional application specific
information to be included with the earl:Result.

Jeremy

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England