comment on section 2.6.1 of EARL Schema

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:24:56 +0000
To: public-wai-ert@w3.org

I read at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-EARL10-Schema-20070323/#outcomevalue
[[
(or subclasses of them)
]]
(end of first para of section)

This does not make sense: the values are not classes.

I suggest deleting that text.

==
Background: (not part of formal comment)

I am using EARL to produce test reports for GRDDL tests.
My software being tested occasionally crashes :(

I report:
    earl:pass and earl:fail as appropriate,
and also earl:notApplicable (because some of the GRDDL tests come in
groups which require only one test to be passed)

I was thinking that there might be an appropriate code, e.g.
earl:disaster, for reporting that my software crashed during the test.
There isn't. And for the purposes of testing, I guess the distinction
between earl:disaster and earl:fail is not important. So, if there was a
useful mechanism for extending earl:fail then I might use it. As is,
EARL allows me to add my own comment (e.g. earl:info) to the
earl:TestResult, so I don't see any need to suggest any other changes.

Jeremy

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England