Re: maximum cardinality on result properties

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:19:36 +0200, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org> wrote:

>>  I believe we should have no confidence property for many results, so
>> it should be optional.
>
> My fault! I *did* mean exactly 1 validity and at most 1 confidence.
>

>> I would also like a structure that allowed for multiple validates if
>> people did use confidence, a la
>>  earl:Assertion
>>   result
>>     _blank1
>>       validity: pass
>>       confidence: low
>>     _blank2
>>       validity: not applicable
>>       confidence: medium
>
> And what does the above mean?

You have low confidence that the result is pass, and medium confidence
that the result is not applicable.

This seems to me one of the more useful applications of confidence, and
doesn't rely on interoperating with someone else's use of the term. It's
also not clear what it would mean if you had two different assertions with
different results - are you saying that you are not sure of the result and
using confidence to clarify?

cheers

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com