Re: do we want to omit the confidence property?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:11:42 +0200
To: "Chris Ridpath" <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>, "Shadi Abou-Zahra" <shadi@w3.org>, public-wai-ert@w3.org

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:53:19 +0200, Chris Ridpath
<chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca> wrote:

> I think the confidence property should be in EARL and we should specify
> what it means. We can use a 3 level scale (high, medium and low) or some
> sort of numeric scale.

I think there is a reasonable arguent for keeping it in the spec and
asking for datatyping of any Literal values. Ther is no interoperability
and I do not believe that in a reasonable timeframe we have any hope of
defining that, since it varies from test to test as well as from tester to
tester.

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com