Re: Design problem with "HTTP vocabulary in RDF"

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 23:32:15 +0900, Johannes Koch
<johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> there is a design problem in "HTTP vocabulary in RDF" that I detected
> today: the order of headers, which is important for some of them. See
> e.g. the content-encoding header
> (<http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.11>):
>
>    If multiple encodings have been applied to an entity, the content
>    codings MUST be listed in the order in which they were applied.
>
> Assuming we have two content-encodings (first gzip, then compress), the
> HTTP response would contain the header:

> in RDF/XML:
>
>    <http:content-encoding>gzip, compress</http:content-encoding>
>
> AFAIK this could also appear as two headers:

> in RDF/XML:
>
>    <http:content-encoding>gzip</http:content-encoding>
>    <http:content-encoding>compress</http:content-encoding>

This is wrong. It should be

     <http:content-encoding>tar, gzip</http:content-encoding>

since it describes a single encoding (which happens to be the result of
applying multiple transformations).

cheers

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com