Re: does file content deserve its own class?

From: Johannes Koch <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:41:39 +0200
To: public-wai-ert@w3.org

Carlos Iglesias schrieb:
> On the other hand, and I am just wondering, if the file is not publicly available, do people really want to share the file?

There are privacy levels between internal only and available to the
public. E.g. consider a trusted external evaluation team that evaluates
a non-public resource.

>>  * File URI can not be assumed to be unique and so a property
>> to store the file name is needed as a label for the file
>> contents (see also related comment by Charles [1]).
>
> The problem with this approach is that we can easily find two or more "index.html" file names for example,

I think, it was a file name plus the path.

> and then the only way to see the differences is looking at the file content.

That's why it is just a label, not an identifier.

> Just realized that we have the same problem with "local web content" e.g http://localhost/whatever/ and with whatever URI that's not publicy avalaible (test servers for example).

Yep

--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)