Re: Bytes, character encodings and characters

From: Johannes Koch <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 23:42:40 +0200
To: public-wai-ert@w3.org

Carlos Iglesias wrote:
> Now I see your point Shadi, and I think you're right.

I don't. When you have transformed the resource bytes into characters
using UTF-16, you can create an EARL report and store it using US-ASCII
by writing character references for characters above U007F. A reader can
then again transform the bytes into characters using US-ASCII. No
problem. However US-ASCII is not the first choice when it comes to
internationalization :-)
--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)