WCAG 2.0 effects on EARL

From: Johannes Koch <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 13:55:28 +0200
To: public-wai-ert@w3.org

Hi group,

as far as I understand the "Understanding" document, there are
sufficient techniques and common failures for each success criterion. If
a subject passes a test for a sufficient technique, the subject meets
the success criterion (sufficient to pass). If it fails a test for a
common failure (fail meaning a problem is found), the subject does not
meet the success criterion (sufficient to fail).

On the other hand, if a subject does not pass a test for a sufficient
technique, no pass or fail statement can be made about meeting the
success criteria, because the subject may pass another sufficient
technique, even one not listed in the "Understanding" document. And if a
subject passes a test for a common failure (no problem is found), again
no pass or fail statement can be made about meeting the success criteria.

So in EARL we need to record whether a test (case) is passSufficient or
failSufficient for a higher level test (requirement).
--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)