Re: Explicit vs Implicit URIs (aka "blanket statements or not")

Hi Namesake :-)

Carlos Iglesias wrote:

> Don't forget we already have ambiguity in EARL: e.g. content
> negotiation properties which are optional

They are optional *if* the server does not do any content negotiation,
otherwise HTTP in RDF shall be used. Shouldn't it?

>> For example, if a new page is added to "example.org" after an
>> assertion was made, is then the assertion result still valid?
>
> It depends.
>
> Similarly, if we have a complete EARL report (without implicit URIs)
> and the content of a document has changed, is then the assertion
> result still valid?
>
> It depends.
>
> Then, basically what we need is a 'flag' which helps us to know
> whether something has changed or not (as discussed previously in the
> group). Then, knowing that something has changed we could decide what
> to do.

I think this has nothing to do with EARL. Tests must have a timestamp.
Whatever happens afterwards it is beyond the scope of EARL. The Web is
intended to change ...

>> Similarly, for blanket statements such as conformance claims, it is
>> unlikely that all pages under "example.org" have been tested but
>> probably only a sampling. It is therefore rather imprecise (but
>> still useful) to give a blanket statement without further
>> description of what has been tested, and which methodology has been
>> used to test.
>

> Maybe we have a good use case for the earl:methodology/earl:evidence
> after all: EARL blanket statements pointing to EARL detailed reports?

I believe David pointed out already that he does not understand this
methodology purpose, neither do I. We are making EARL unnecessarily
complicated. The same applies to the evidence property from my side.

regards,
carlos

--
Dr Carlos A Velasco - http://access.fit.fraunhofer.de/
Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik FIT