Re: URI in RDF

From: Carlos A Velasco <Carlos.Velasco@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:13:14 +0100
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Cc: Johannes Koch <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>, "public-wai-ert@w3.org" <public-wai-ert@w3.org>

Hi Charles,

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

>> It could be used in HTTP in RDF and elsewhere.
>
> What is the use case?

In fact, Johannes and I want to break a W3C Note-writing record, and we
could not think of something else :-)

Seriously, I think that we are not consistent if we have on one side an
earl:uri property for things like WebContent, and on the other hand, we
have all the possibilities to decompose a URI in the HTTP in RDF when
using the http:GetRequest, for instance. With that URI class and its
properties, we may have a consistent way of expressing *any URI*, with
the different schemes, and reuse it in the HTTP note. But maybe, it is
only me who starts to have fun with namespaces ...

regards,
carlos

--
Dr Carlos A Velasco - http://access.fit.fraunhofer.de/
Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik FIT