DOAP and software description

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 16:00:35 +0100
Cc: public-wai-ert@w3.org, www-qa@w3.org
To: edd@usefulinc.com, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>

Hi Edd,

DOAP is very useful in terms of the description of a project.
DOAP doesn't seem to cover the description of an individual software
like name, version, release dates, bug list, etc.

I'm asking this because I was in ERT/QA joint meeting [2] yesterday.
The ERT WG in the design of EARL needs an "earl:software" [1] for
describing a specific software.  But using the earl namespace for
this seems to be a bit awkward.

Have you already worked a bit on this?
Or do you have an example which would cover this case?
Or do you have pointers which might interest the ERT WG?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10/#terms-classes-software
[2] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/28-er-minutes#item01

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***