RE: ERT WG: Agenda for teleconference on Wednesday 26 July, 2006

Regrets for today's conference.
See comments below.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: public-wai-ert-request@w3.org en nombre de Shadi Abou-Zahra
Enviado el: Mié 26/07/2006 01:13 p.m.
Para: public-wai-ert@w3.org
Asunto: ERT WG: Agenda for teleconference on Wednesday 26 July, 2006

>1. Updated HTTP Vocabulary in RDF Editors' Draft
> - latest editors' draft of 5 July, 2006:
> <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/WD-HTTP-in-RDF-20060705>
> - see questions in editors' notes

"There's still discussion about whether to use a single property for the URI or have a more verbose approach (scheme, user-info, host, port, path, query, fragment)."

+1 for single property

IMO a more verbose approach is not necessary because it would add a lot of verbosity without much added value (I think almost all well-know programming languages include libraries that allow easy URI parsing).

>2. Updated EARL 1.0 Schema Editors' Draft
> - latest editors' draft of 18 July, 2006:
> <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Schema-20060718>

A few comments:

* 1.1 Structure of EARL Results

"Test Subject
  This can include: Web pages, tools..."

IMO it should be: Web CONTENT, tools...

* 2.2 Assertor

"foaf:Agent
  ... An Agent is a super class of foaf:Person, foaf:Organization and foaf:Group which can all be used to describe an Assertor..."

Due to this description I think that the previous foaf:Person section is redundant and not necessary (why a section for Person and not for Organization or Group?)

Then:

"earl:CompoundAssertor
  The Assertor is a compound group of persons and/or software..."

Should be:

  The Assertor is a compound group of AGENTS (PERSONS, ORGANIZATIONS, GROUPS) and/or software

* 2.4 Test Requirement

"A Test Requirement is a test, usually one that can be passed or failed..."

IMO should be something like:

A Test Requirement is a SUCCESS CRITERIA, usually one that can be passed or failed...

To avoid confusion between the test requirements and the tests themselfs.

Then:

"A Test Requirement may be a single test, or may be a part of a larger compound test suite..."

Should be:

A Test Requirement may be a single success criteria, or may be part of a larger set of success criteria

* 2.5 Test Mode

"earl:mixed
  Where there is no detailed information about the test mode available..."

IMO should be something like:

  Where THE TEST WAS PERFORMED BY AN UNKNOW COMBINATION OF AGENTS AND/OR TOOLS...

To avoid confusion with a "unknow" mode (no information at all)

* 2.6.2 Confidence Level

"...This may be used where a tool wants to assert..."

Is the confidence level supossed to be just for tools?

Additionaly, I think that Example 11 perfectly explains why the confidence property makes no sense in EARL as currently developed. It says:

"...the interpretation of this value is application specific..."

IMO it make no sense to include a propery for application specific values in a language to share data between applications. If you need something specific to your application you should extend the language for your specific use case.

* 2.7 Software Tool

I find the Example 13 obscure. It says:

"The software which was an Assertor in example 5 is now a Test Subject"

But that's not clear in the example. IMO could be better:

The software which was an Assertor in example 5 could also be used as a Test Subject and make use of the inherited properties

* 4 Conformance

"An EARL Report is a set of instances of the Assertor class called assertions..."

Sounds weird. Should be?:

An EARL Report is a set of instances of the ASSERTION class called assertions...

* Appendix A: EARL 1.0 Schema in RDF/XML

The xmlns:dct is missing
The Schema remains invalid due to an error in the SingleAssertor Class definition

* Appendix E and F should be renamed to D and E respectively as they are in the table of contents

> - "Testable Statement" class by Charles:
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Jul/0032>
> - are there other issues? see more questions:
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Jul/0018>

Regards,
CI.