Re: Action Item: Testable Statement class

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:37:55 +0200, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> <cite url="http://www.w3.org/2006/02/28-er-minutes">
> * JibberJim> chaals, are you still happy to have the action item to
> write up the thing you can pass or fail and subClass ?
> * chaals> yeah.
> </cite>
>
> We urgently need this class in order to finalize the schema. If I recall
> correctly, you had proposed to write up and RDF Schema for a generic
> class to describe "testable statement" (aka "a thing you can pass or
> fail"), which then has "test requirement" and "test case" as
> sub-classes. By when could you complete this?

   <rdfs:Class
rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL/nmg-strawman#TestRequirement">
     <rdfs:subClassOf
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL/nmg-strawman#Testable"/>
     <rdfs:label xml:lang="en">Test Requirement</rdfs:label>
     <rdfs:comment xml:lang="en">A requirement against which subjects are
tested</rdfs:comment>
   </rdfs:Class>

   <rdfs:Class
rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL/nmg-strawman#TestCase">
     <rdfs:subClassOf
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL/nmg-strawman#Testable"/>
     <rdfs:label xml:lang="en">Test Case</rdfs:label>
     <rdfs:comment xml:lang="en">A Test Case, that when tested indicates
whether the subject passed or failed</rdfs:comment>
   </rdfs:Class>

   <rdfs:Class
rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL/nmg-strawman#Testable">
     <rdfs:label xml:lang="en">Testable Thing</rdfs:label>
     <rdfs:comment xml:lang="en">A requirement against which subjects are
tested, or a test case</rdfs:comment>
   </rdfs:Class>

I still think this is a bad idea, since I don't see the value in having
the two kinds of subClass. If we adopt this, the range of earl:requirement
needs to be made earl:Testable too. (Since we are shifting the range to a
superclass, I think we can get away with that.

Cheers

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com