RE: DCMI type software

Hi again,

> Johannes Koch wrote:
> >> They may be used as values for Resource Type,
> >
> > It's intended to be used as value for Resource Type.
>
> Which I think is fine with us, right?

As far as I understood Johannes' concerns (please correct me if I'm wrong), the problem is he think they were intended to be used just as dc:type (Resource Type) allowable values. So it should be used always as in the following example:

<earl:Software rdf:about="#tool">
  <dc:title xml:lang="en">Cool Tool</dc:title>
  <dc:date rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#gDate">2005-06-25</dc:date>
  **<dc:type rdf:resource="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/Software"/>**
</earl:Software>

So, IMO the question is: could be the use of a term from the DC Type Vocabulary for something different from dc:type considered as a "bad practice"?

> > And it has not properties we would be interested in, like name,
> > version, etc. Is this a problem?
>
> Is it valid to use title, hasVersion, etc within this class?

I suppose so, isn't it?

Regards,
CI.

Carlos Iglesias