Re: Some doubts about the Schema

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:44:56 +0100, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>>> - I supposed that dc:location is described at Dublin Core Metadata
[...]
>>  It turns out that the term is defined in an XML schema, but not in
>> RDF. I  propose we remove it (since otherwise we would be defining dc:
>> terms for  them, which is generally considered bad form.
>
> This is an issue that needs discussion before taking such action. We
> would also need a replacement in case we do decide to drop the location
> property.
>
> Unless there are objections, I'll add an editorial note about this issue
> while we seek acceptable solutions (my hope is that DC may be publishing
> an update soon).

Yes, I object. I think this is a show-stopper for publication. There is no
dc:location, and if we publish implying there is (having noticed our
mistake) then we are behaving in a fairly anti-social manner. It is only
listed now as an optional property in a table (lucky - when we had those
in the schema publishing the schema as RDF would have effectively created
a rogue dc element). So I believe we should either agree to drop it before
publication, or should delay publication until we have resolved a
replacement.

I don't know of any reason why DC might be planning to publish an update,
nor of a proposal for a location element. If we need a replacement we can
discuss, but I am not even certain that we do.

cheers

Charles McCathieNevile                     chaals@opera.com
      Peek into the kitchen: http://snapshot.opera.com/