Re: EARL based self-contained regression tests?

From: Carlos A Velasco <Carlos.Velasco@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:59:00 +0100
To: shadi@w3.org
Cc: Nils Ulltveit-Moe <nils@u-moe.no>, public-wai-ert@w3.org

Hi Shadi, Nils,

Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:

> Hi Nils,
>
> This is indeed a use case. However, the issue with this is that it
> generates huge reports. Basically a full copy of all the tested
> resources (+ some EARL metadata that may become negligible with this
> amount of data).

It depends on the functionality of the tool. For QA scenarios, there is
no other choice than storing the rendered content, to keep history of
changes.

> Thus, most evaluation tools will probably omit recording the actual HTTP
> content (payload). I imagine tools may become "intelligent" and only use
> the earl:WebContent class when specific HTTP parameters are essential to
> describe the tested resources (for example, on a site that can be
> personalized or uses sessions). But this is a different discussion... ;)

Like I said, it depends on what the tools is designed for.

regards,
carlos

--
Dr Carlos A Velasco - http://access.fit.fraunhofer.de/
Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik FIT