Re: [ACTION] Warnings in EARL

Shadi Abou-Zahra schrieb:

[mobileOK basic]

> They also define exactly when the WARN result
> should be issued by using pseudo code for each test.

Maybe that's because mobileOK basic is intended to be fully
machine-testable.

> In WCAG we don't
> have a clear definition of when warnings should be issued so this may
> lead to tool developers misusing warning results to satisfy the users
> who don't like to see errors.

WCAG 2 is intended to be testable. Whether a success criterion is
machine-testable or not is not defined. So developers of automatic
testing tools for WCAG 2 have to think about how to present additional
expert tests to the tool user. This could be a use case for a warning
attached to a CANNOT_TELL result.

However the "Understanding" document clearly lists some PASSes an FAILs.
So a tool that throws a warning (with PASS or CANNOT_TELL) instead of a
FAIL when finding a common failure is wrong.

I still prefer the sub-classing approach.
--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)