Re: WebAIM's Accessibility Evaluation Framework

From: Vicente Luque Centeno <vlc@it.uc3m.es>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 02:09:04 +0100 (CET)
To: Shane Anderson <shane@cpd2.usu.edu>
cc: public-wai-ert@w3.org

Dear Shane,

Could you please give us an accessibility test expressed in LRAE but not
expressible in XSLT? You argue at
http://eval.webaim.org/lrae/language.php#xslt that XSLT is not appliable
to non well-formed pages (which is true). However, a simple HTML-to-XHTML
repair process can enable XSLT appliance. In fact, my accessibility
evaluator at [1] is fully implemented in XSLT and has a (external) repair
process based on xmllint [2].

After reading http://eval.webaim.org/lrae/ , I have not been able to find
anything that LRAE can do but XSLT can't. Could you please give us an
example of a LRAE rule not expressible in XSLT? It seems to me that all
your tests can be expressed in XSLT.

[1] http://www.it.uc3m.es/vlc/waex.html
[2] http://xmlsoft.org/xmllint.html

P.S.: Glad to hear from you since WWW2005 :-)

Vicente Luque Centeno
Dep. Ingeniería Telemática
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
http://www.it.uc3m.es/vlc