Re: About locating subject results and context

From: Gabriele Bartolini <me@gabrielebartolini.it>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:52:17 +0200
To: Chrisoula Alexandraki <chrisoula@ics.forth.gr>,shadi@w3.org
Cc: public-wai-ert@w3.org

At 15.28 29/03/2005, Chrisoula Alexandraki wrote:
>Unfortunately! I suppose however that if the HTML validator is able to
>report for non-well-formdness, then EARL should also be able to do that, no?

I agree with you Chrisoula.

>Do we care about persistency of errors, in the absence of well-formdness??

I believe so. It is just a matter of finding an accurate way ... :-)

>If not, we can just use line numbers for reporting these types of errors,
>like the HTML validator does..What do people think about this?

As I have said in the past, there is not a unique way of locating according
to my opinion. We must be able to provide a various range of properties and
data which can help us locating a subject in the most accurate way.

Ciao,
-Gabriele
--
Gabriele Bartolini: Web Programmer, ht://Dig & IWA/HWG Member, ht://Check
and ht://Miner maintainer
 > "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate", Dante Alighieri, Divina
Commedia, Inferno