ERT Action Item: researching previous efforts for location and persistency of test results

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 02:30:16 -0500
To: <public-wai-ert@w3.org>
Attached is an HTML document that discusses some ideas for locating
accessibility errors within HTML documents. It can also be found at:
http://checker.atrc.utoronto.ca/errorid.html

In summary, I'm suggesting that we use XPointer to describe accessibility
errors when we don't care about persistence. When we do care about
persistence, such as recording user judgments, we use a fuzzy pointer based
upon element and attribute values.

Everything is open to modification so please take a look and post your
comments to the list.

Cheers,
Chris