ERT Action Item: researching previous efforts for location and persistency of test results

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 02:30:16 -0500
To: <public-wai-ert@w3.org>
Attached is an HTML document that discusses some ideas for locating
accessibility errors within HTML documents. It can also be found at:

In summary, I'm suggesting that we use XPointer to describe accessibility
errors when we don't care about persistence. When we do care about
persistence, such as recording user judgments, we use a fuzzy pointer based
upon element and attribute values.

Everything is open to modification so please take a look and post your
comments to the list.